NAB’s Leadership Foundation Selects Five Gray TV Stations as Finalists for 2022 Service to America Awards
ATLANTA, April 21, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — National Association of Broadcasters (“NABLF”) Leadership Foundation selected five television stations belonging to Gray Television, Inc. (NYSE: GTN) as finalists for this year’s coveted Service to America Awards. NABLF’s Service to America Awards recognize outstanding community service by local broadcasters and annually select local radio and television stations and a band owner for their exemplary service to their communities. Winners in each category will be announced at an in-person gala in Washington, DC on June 7, 2022.
In the Medium Market category, the three finalists selected by the NABLF are gray television channels:
- WMTV-TV (NBC) in Madison, Wisconsin, for its “WMTV Diaper Drive Success” series
- WIS-TV (NBC) in Columbia, South Carolina, for its “Families Helping Families” series; and
- WTOC-TV (CBS) in Savannah, Georgia for its series “WTOC tells stories of smart women and helps raise $139,000 to fight breast cancer.”
In the Small Market category, two of the three finalists selected by the NABLF are gray television stations:
- WBNG-TV (CBS) in Binghamton, New York, for its series “WBNG Southern Tier Tuesdays;” and
- KWQC-TV (NBC) in Davenport, Iowa, for its “TV6 Real Conversations” series.
“We take great pride in our company and industry’s excellent journalism that leads to real results that improve local communities,” said Gray’s Executive Chairman and CEO, Hilton H. Howell Jr. We salute all of our award winners, and in particular Gray Television Stations, for their continued commitment to quality journalism.
Gray Television, Inc. is a multimedia company headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia. We are the largest owner of local TV channels and premier digital assets in the United States, serving 113 TV markets and reaching approximately 36% of US TV households. This portfolio includes 80 markets with the highest rated TV channel and 100 markets with the first and/or second highest rated TV channel. We also own video program companies Raycom Sports, Tupelo Honey and PowerNation Studios, as well as Third Rail Studios.
Bob Smith, COO, 404-266-8333
Kevin P. Latek, director of legal and development affairs, 404-266-8333